One of our most popular articles here on the Noise & Vibration Measurement Blog is What Is Resonance? by James Wren. Since this is such an important concept in noise & vibration measurement we thought we’d see what videos we could find to illustrate the phenomenon. So, here are 5 videos that show various aspects of resonance. Have you got any favourite videos or resources on resonance? If you have, leave us a comment at the end of this post. Or leave us a comment to let us know what you think of our choices.
1. Sound Resonance
Illustrating sound resonance using tubes and a speaker
2. Scott Ainslie Teaches Resonance
A great demonstration of resonance by a blues musician using improvised musical instruments.
3. Ground Resonance
A vivid demonstration of damage that resonance can cause. A rear view of the same test can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tHA7KmRME
A study of waves caused by resonance.
5. Conceptual Physics – Demo Of Resonance
A rather manic presenter, but a very good explanation.
Find out more about resonance in our posts…
What Is Resonance? (https://blog.prosig.com/2007/05/23/what-is-resonance/)
What Is Resonance? (Part 2) (https://blog.prosig.com/2012/08/20/what-is-resonance-part-2/)
Latest posts by Chris Mason (see all)
- 5 Cool Acoustics Links - December 18, 2020
- Prosig supply high channel count data acquisition system to new RAL Space NSTF facility - April 16, 2020
- Prosig Student Project Prize for University of Portsmouth – 2018 - August 8, 2018